|Class||Shadow Sorcerer 1 / HexBlade Warlock 1|
|Weapon(s)||Longsword and Shield|
Banner is small and slight even for a halfling. He is very pale with dark hair that frequently hangs over his face and eyes that have slightly unsettling red irises. Despite being slightly offputting, he is capable of being charming and persuasive and can quickly put most people at ease. He's basically a tiny goth halfling (aka a gothling or gothobbit). He wears mostly black or grey clothing and dark chain armor and uses a longsword that looks almost as tall and heavy as he is. When he wields the sword light only dimly reflects off it and shadows around him seem to slightly deepen in a barely perceptible manner.
Banner Rindherder is a Road Halfling from [some origin story place]. He grew up with his always-traveling clan led by Ma Sparrow and Billup. A childhood accident forever changed Banner's life and led to conflicts that contributed to the dissolution of their family's trade.
Banner was the smallest and weakest of Ma Sparrow's children. He was slightly whiny and a bit of a lazy momma's boy as he was the only Rindherder child who could get away with being either whiny or lazy around Ma. While he was never an especially well-learned or bookish child, he always loved sword & sorcery adventure stories.
(bullet points/will fill in)
- Shortly after loss of Bobwhite
- Fell in cave
- Wandered lost and terrified alone in pitch black darkness for 1d3 days.
- Supernatural Encounter/investment of power/etc. He can suddenly see in the dark and knows how to get out!
- Shortly after Rindherder clan brought in a druid and dogs to search for Banner, or at least his body, searchers saw light reflecting off eyes in the distance.
- He had found his way back and despite the ordeal seemed healthier and shortly thereafter began showing signs of sorcerous power.
- Found to be clear of possession/not a changeling/etc, but suspicions and fears caused problems.
- the threat of Wytchfinder hunters leads to striking out away from his family.
A couple of years ago, he was reunited with [insert Mattiverse family member PCs], and they've since banded together as their own little branch of the clan. He sees his powers as a chance to become the kind of brave and powerful adventuring hero he loved from his childhood stories.