Mattiverse Next - Session 6
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A bunch of sarcophagi arranged around a pentagram. There are zombies in them.
- (all undead are halflings)
- They avoid the pentagram. Turns out it was a good idea--Four steps in after and gets burned for the trouble.
- There is a chest in the corner of the room. It is full of broken black opals. It is also full of SPIDERS AHHH
- Good thing it was opened from afar by a mage hand! They are squished and blasted
- Attempt at short-rest is interrupted by shadows!
- Another attempt is interrupted by will o'wisps!
- Third time's the charm, party spends some dice.
- Down the hallway, a blocked door with machine noises behind it.
- It opens after some effort to what was apparently a finely arrayed dining hall. Once-luxurious mahogany steadily rots under the barest black remnants of some long-forgotten feast.
- In the south is a table with manacles and exposed gears that was clearly some sort of entertainment torture device. Mystifyingly, it is actively running.
- Naturally, it's actually sapient, and it attacks the party. The party attacks back, and beats it off, but not before Four gets to spend some time on the Torture Sex Music Machine.
- It also attracts a ghast's attention, a clearly deadlier version of the ghouls already encountered.
- Next is a nicely appointed bedroom. Party manages a long rest, but only after being attacked by quasits and a will o' wisp.
- Next is a room with a large statue of a nasty dog-spider hybrid, looking suspiciously like the demons the party fought upstairs. It is being ridden by something halfling-sized, but that the party has trouble actually saying is a halfling.
- It's actually a gargoyle! And it hates dogs! Luckily, it fails to land a hit on Pepper. Party smashes it good.
- Moving West, the party runs into a bunch more zombies, this time accompanied by an actual spider dog demon-thing. It is a harrowing battle!
- Afterwards, they immediately find a safe place to rest, but one they aren't willing to take advantage of right now for fear of attracting all the rest of the dungeon.
- Banner reveals that he has been hearing a voice talking in his head, but no one else seems to be hearing it.
- Moving on, the party runs into more Will O' Wisps, in a hallway that seems to be longer than it should.
- After the hallway, reality snaps back into position--except that Four and Banner seem to have not gotten the message. They remain Tiny-sized Halflings.
- In the room is a butcher. What meat it has available to butcher is anyone's guess, but the party attacks (it is another ghast).
- Session ends there.
- 100 xp to all for assorted Zombies
- 50 xp to all for a couple a' Shadow Hectors
- 50 xp to all for two Swarms of Spiders (ahh!)
- 200 xp to all for a Will O' Wisp hector
- 135 xp to all for Torture Sex Music Machine
- 135 xp to all for a Ghast
- 75 xp to all for Will O' Wisp and Quasit Hectors
- 135 xp to all for Gargoyle Spider Dog Demon-Thing
- 125 xp to all for a Spider Dog Demon-Thing
- 115 xp to all for 4 Skeletons, 6 Zombies
- 230 xp to all for 2 Will O' Wisps
- 50 xp to all for the Ghoul Butcher
- 115 xp to all for 1 Will O' Wisps